So I recently was able to take a little trip down to visit family and it was Declan's first time on such a long road trip. And by long, I mean over 1,000 miles round trip (or kind of round with a few jaunts off the beaten path). All of it but the last 300 mile leg was thanks to lots of family and friends meeting me and Dec, allowing us to crash at their homes, and driving us to a new location to start the same process over again with a new family member/friend. The trip was lots of fun and Declan did really well the whole time. Even with the atrocious number of miles we traveled, the on-the-road time turned out to be rather enjoyable by itself, especially the last leg.
My Mom and little sister Tabbie accompanied me and Declan (and by accompanied, I really mean chauffeured) from Niter (home of the Niter Exciter!) to Brigham City to meet Bryan. Our conversation eventually veered to things we remembered from growing up and we talked about Mikayla and her imaginary friend Josha (pronounced Josh-uh . . . I'm pretty sure it was supposed to be Joshua) and her "funny jokes", and Tabbie and her creepy little dolls with their hair standing on end like they'd been electrocuted and permanent black marker on their eyes because . . . Tabbie thought she should color their eyes with permanent black marker? (sometimes we don't ask questions about why Tabbie did things when she was younger, it was easier . . . and safer . . . just to let her be). There are other scary factors of the creepy little dolls that need not be mentioned; but to sum up, my friends were terrified of them. Jacob was perhaps a little more low key than us crazy girls; but, I think he had to be . . . there wasn't room for another crazy.
So even though I was dreading having to get in the car again and drag my poor Little Man around some more after so much time on the road already, the last little bit was nice and I was grateful for it.
I laughed out loud about it being easier...and safer.. to let Tabbie do her own thing! So glad Declan did so well through the whole trip- I was so glad to meet him and wished I would have held him, but our babes needed their mommas and no one else ;) I was so glad to see you guys!
ReplyDeleteHa Ha! I remember those dolls, and the scary factors too. :) Hilarious. So fun seeing you. Way too short of a trip, though.
ReplyDelete